Halloween Baking


A little spot of Halloween baking with my friend Pilar. We decided to bake zombie cookies as we both love a good zombie film.

I can be a bit of a perfectionist and I'm very meticulous when I'm baking but it turns out Pilar is much like me on that front and we operated a very efficient conveyor line. She also operates in the same time zone as me as we started baking fairly late on a Saturday evening and didn't stop until the wee hours of Sunday morning. 

Anyway,these are sugar cookies with all of the decorations made from fondant. To complete the look we brushed on patches of brown and green food colouring making them look extra rotten - suggested by Pilar, she has an eye for the finishing touches!

Moving on from the cookies, Pilar also had a strong desire to bake a rotten zombie brain cake and we managed to knock this one out pretty quickly. Again, finishing touches... Pilar's idea to add the maggots :)

This brain was a tasty madeira cake but I struggled to share it with anyone as they were all put off by the exterior... oh well, more for me!

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo