Spiral Cake

Firstly, I have to confess I stole this idea from CakeCentral, but it was the perfect cake for Mr Chris' Dad who is a very keen walker.

The cake consists of two Victoria sponges, one on top of the other, and the spiral path has been carved as detailed in the link above.
Cutting in to the cake was a little frightening but actually went quite smoothly. 

The icing as usual was a nightmare, especially as the cake was so large, but Mr Chris stepped in to lend a hand and we got there eventually.

The final result with all its trimmings... 





Not my best modelling work as it was a warm evening and with the added food colouring my fondant was too sticky, but I did find a nifty tutorial on YouTube for creating the trees (even if they did turn out to be the same size as Mr Fred).












0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo