Brûlée and Meringues

For a while now I've been telling Mr Chris I can make a very nice crème brûlée, so this weekend I decided to prove it.

Every time I make these I forget just how easy they are. I use a recipe from the BBC GoodFood website, I've tried some others but this is definitely the one that works and gives the perfect consistency. If you don't have a chefs blowtorch you can place the ramekins under the grill to caramelise the sugary tops. The blowtorch is much more fun though!

If you are a
crème brûlée fan, you must give these a go, Mr Chris was not disappointed.



And what follows brûlée? Meringue!

I hate food waste so I used the left over egg whites to make some Lemon Meringue cupcakes. Mr Chris was full of brûlée so he struggled to make his way through these but I had no trouble giving them away.

I took some to work but as I didn't have enough for all of my colleagues it was first come first served. 
They were gone in less then a minute :)

Lemon flavoured sponge, filled with lemon curd and topped with tasty meringue.


0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo